Delicious, quick and easy makes this sweet treat perfect for breakfast, dessert, and snacks. I'm featuring the pumpkin flavor but you can buy the chocolate mix and make these as a chocolate dessert as well. Best part- you can make it into cupcakes, muffins, sliced cake, donuts or whatever other shape makes you happy!
These can be paleo if you leave off the whipped topping! Grain free, fodmap friendly, low carb, low sugar and good for the specific carbohydrate diet! The mix has only Almond flour, coconut sugar, pumpkin, arrowroot, coconut flour, spices (cinnamon, nutmeg & clove), baking soda and sea salt.
Prep Time: 5 mins Cooking time : about 10 -30mins (depending on shape)
1 whole egg & 1/2 cup egg whites
1 tbsp of oil (coconut, olive, flax seed)
1.5 cups of water
40 g protein powder (I used Dymatize Vanilla ISO-100)
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 packet of stevia
1 dash Vanilla extract (or any flavor of your choice)
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray non stick pan for donuts, muffins, cake or use cupcake liners for muffins
3. In a bowl (preferably with a pour spout like a large measuring up) mix all the ingredients for the muffins. You can hand mix with a whisp or use a hand beater. The mix should be thick but the ingredients should blend if you need to add more water add in 1/8 cup at a time until you have a thick yet pourable mixture.
4. Pour mixture into your baking mold of choice
5. Bake - donuts will cook much faster than a cake so watch your time! Start with 10 mins for smaller items, 15 for cupcakes and muffins, 20 + for bundt cakes
In a separate bowl:
1. Combine Heavy Cream and stevia ONLY
2. Whip until peaks form (should be about 5mins max)
3. Slowly add in vanilla or other extract as not to cause the cream to settle.
Once the cake is finished cooking, let cool completely then add on whipped topping. If you add it too soon, it will melt on the cake.
You can use a knife or a small zip lock bag, cut of the corner, stuff the bag with the cream and squeeze out on top of cake!
Nutrition info: each muffin without topping
62 calories, Protein 3g, Fat, 2g, Carbs, 7g (1g fiber)- bonus 140 mg potassium
With whipped topping- 93 calories, Protein 4g, Fat 6g, Carbs 7g (1g fiber)